CODE OF PRACTICE
Pharmacy Practice Suite Use (MA011), F.S.E
This Code of Practice is a guide for staff, students and, if appropriate, visitors (from outside this University or from other Faculties within this University), so that the Pharmacy Practice Suite can be used safely.
- General Health and Safety
- Upon entering the Pharmacy Practice Suite, all bags, coats and personal belongings should be stored in the lockers in the corridor directly outside of MA011, using the instructions provided.
- Items left in unlocked lockers are left at owner’s risk
- Professional dress is required for Pharmacy Practice learning strands, including assessments
- Students should be aware that there are three main routes of egress in the event of a fire – two onto the main corridor, and one at the back of the room which leads out to the courtyard
- In the event of a fire a continuous alarm will sound. Please evacuate the building immediately, without stopping to collect personal belongings, via the nearest fire exit and congregate at the assembly point - the Piazza near the Civic Centre.
- Accidents within the suite must be reported to the academic / technician in charge of the session. For emergencies please ring 5555 from any internal telephone.
- All accidents must be reported using the online report form
- There is a First Aid box available in MA011, and the nearest First Aid trained member of staff is Janine Ridge on ext.2773
- A maximum of 85 students are to be permitted into the room at any one time
- Use of the suite
- Use of the suite is subject to booking via the Rooming and Resources tab on the SEEN system
- Each booking must be made by the academic in charge of the proposed booking or the module leader
- Bookings are subject to approval by an appropriate technician in Pharmacy Practice
- Bookings must have the correct documents attached to attain approval – COSHH, Risk Assessment, and requisition for materials to prepare – where necessary
- Re-configuration of seating, where desired, must be communicated to technical staff with reasonable notice
- Technicians will prepare materials for bookings as appropriate, where a requisition has been supplied with reasonable notice
- Technical staff will clear and store any equipment as necessary after the workshop/practical has taken place
- Students are to be supervised while present in the pharmacy practice suite
- There is no student admittance allowed into the preparation/storage area between Pharmacy Practice reception and the Pharmacy Practice suite
- Books in the Practice Suite reading area must not be removed or borrowed from the room at any time
- Any left-over paperwork should be removed at the end of the session by the academic in charge of that session
- Students should take paperwork belonging to them away with them and deposit rubbish in the bins provided
- Controlled Drugs must be counted back in at the end of any dispensing session where they are used, by the academic in charge, or this task delegated to a Pharmacy Technician assisting the session.
- Keys used by staff must be returned to the key cupboard at the end of each session
- Use of IT Equipment within Pharmacy Practice Suite
- Tablet PC’s are for use within the practice suite only – they must not be removed or borrowed at any time
- Tablets must be used in accordance with the ‘Use of IT equipment’ policy, available on SEEN
- Students must log out of any tablet PC after use and shut down at the end of the session
- After use, staff members will place the tablet PC’s in the charging trolleys
- Charging trolleys should be wheeled into the storage/preparation area after use for charging and safe-keeping